[R129 SL] R129 Tires

seitle seitle at whidbey.com
Fri Aug 31 13:00:43 EDT 2007

My 96 SL has standard wheels and originally came with Pirelly P-6's. The previous owner did not like the hard ride and replaced them immediately with Michelin Pilot. When I bought the car at 30,000 miles the fronts were ready for replacement. I live in the Pacific NW and I wanted an all season tire that would behave well in the wet. My 300E has been happy with Nokian WR's - a fantastic all season tire in the snow. I ordered Nokian I-3's for the SL and have been very happy with the performance. NOKIAN is not well known, but is sold by a chain called "The Tire Factory". My local outlet is very good - it takes about a week to get the tires as they are usually not stocked. The tire factory shops have Hunter state-of the - art balancing equipment - something I would insist on to get a perfect result. You can look up NOKIAN on their web site www.Nokian.com.

Rolf Seitle