[R129 SL] brake rotor replacement

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 15:04:24 EDT 2007

Hello Folks,
Just joined this List but have been a long
contributor to the SL List (and MG and Ferrari lists).
I'm writing to ask for advice and please let me
apologize in advance if this is a thread long in the
tooth.
My '98 SL500, with 109,000 miles and going strong,
is about ready for a full brake job. I want to
replace the rotors and pads on all corners. I'm at my
desk and the car is in the parking garage so I ask:
How easily do the rotors come off? On my sports cars
the front hub has to come off of the stub axle as the
rotor bolts on from the rear. IS that the same with
the R129 cars? How about the rear disks?
Your sage advice is appreciated.

regards,

Rick Lindsay / Houston, TX
'03 L-R Discovery II