[R129 SL] 1996 SL500 "sport model" tire pressure

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 10:25:17 EDT 2006

I recently changed the wheels and tires on my 1996 SL500 from the standard 16" rims to the "sport" option 18" Monoblock OEM wheels.  The new tires - 275/35 rear and 245/40 front are not listed anywhere that I can find for recommended tire pressure front and rear.  Can anyone help me with this?  I know that the recommended tire pressure is usually listed inside the fuel filler door but mine shows only the pressure recommended for the original 16" tires.

Thanks, George