[R129 SL] RE: R129LIST Digest, Vol 23, Issue 1

graf man grafyusa at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:57:38 EST 2006

Hi all I have a bit of a transmission problem. 1992 sl300. She drives great
in forward gears, although the downshift is a bit sluggish. I went to put
her in reverse the other day and she just locks up. I took it to my local
Euro shop and they dropped the pan, they said that first gear is not coming
off so forward gears are ok but reverse acts like a lock. The reason they
said is debris in the valve body. Only 2000 miles ago i had them drop the
pan and put in new filters etc and no report of debris then. The long and
the short of it is they want me to put in a rebuilt tranny for $4500! Oh by
the way this an auto tranny.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Mark