[R129 SL] New car

George - R129 george.simpson.r129 at tiscali.fr
Sat May 20 18:49:20 EDT 2006

Patrick - you definitely need an R129 500SL of 1990 which was the second
year of their production. Later models were strangled and MB were losing
quality but the first years saw 325 bhp and all the extras you could
possibly wish for as standard - memory seats/mirrors (3), cruise
control, leather, hard/soft top, automatic, a/c etc. etc.,  - hell, they
cost about EUR 90,000 new !!!

By chance, I happen to have one for sale. Burnt silver (a light metallic
beige) with tobacco brown leather seats and a dark brown hood. It has
the child seats and adaptive suspension options plus the original necker
Mexico 2000 and a Silversone Becker 10 CD player in the boot. It's LHD
and only 160K km with full MB service and EUR 4K spent in the last 3
years. Yours for EUR15,000 - a steal.

George Simpson
Cognac