[R129 SL] hardtop window heating

jan kuylaars kuylaars at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 17:58:23 EDT 2006

Hello fokes, i am back again
Jan the flying dutchman with an other e-mail adres kuylaars at hotmail.com
for direct mail i read every day jan at rian-bv.nl.

I put off yesterday my hardtop because the weather here is now good.
In the winter i remarked that my electrical heating from the backshield is
not working anymore.
So i put off the covers and made a mesurement. The resistance i measure
directly on the cupper wire from the heating system is more than 20 Kohm. So
i thaught that it must be some 100 ohms instead to let some current flow tru
the wires inside the glass.
Has somebody experience wih this? I cannot find anything in the maintanance
DVD.
The thick flat cupper wire is welding on the plate, so i suppose that the
black cowl line underneat is the transportline to the thin wires inside the
glass. Maybe i must heat the welding to get a good connection? but that is
risky for the glass. I cannot discover how the current flow should be and i
am affraid that the only possibillity is to change the complete window. I
can see a little inside cut in the glass at the top, but i cannot beleave
that is the reason.The in and out wires are in the middle of the window.

greetings from Holland.