[R129 SL] Re: Transmission woes finale

Deneal Schilmeister (iMac) deneals at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 27 21:39:28 EDT 2006

I ended up having the car towed to my indie shop.  The resolution was
replacing the ³Transmission Electronic Kit² which is an interface between
the transmission operation and electric contact points to the computer; a
square plastic unit.  To replace this part, the valve body on the
transmission had to be removed & replaced.

Got the car back and everything is back together.  The car actually seems to
shift better than before, especially when shifting manually.

Thanks to all who were interested.

Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2007
1997 SL500     (106,389 mi)