[R129 SL] Transmission woes

Deneal Schilmeister (iMac) deneals at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 22 22:09:38 EDT 2006

Tonight, while driving home from dinner, I notice a problem.

The car will not start in 1st gear, even though the W/S switch is set to S.
 The car will not downshift when flooring the accelerator.
I have a feeling that I¹m experiencing an electrical glitch.

Perhaps the car is trying to go into limp home mode.  I neglected to shut
the car off and restart, so I¹m not sure about that part.

Any comments?  I need this car to make it to the Wizzbanned© Event at the
end of next month!

Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2007
1997 SL500     (104k)