[R129 SL] overheating

gregorio at weststargroup.net gregorio at weststargroup.net
Wed Aug 30 18:04:52 EDT 2006

My 1991 500 SL does the same thing but only on very hot days, and only if
I'm sitting in stop & go traffic for long periods of time.  Never had an
"over" heating problem, but still get a little nervous when it gets close to
the red!  On the flipside, I had a 400E that never got hot - even when I ran
it thru the 110 degree desert at 90 MPH for 5 hours on a trip from Arizona
to California!  Wonderful car!

Cheers,

Greg
1991 500SL