[R129 SL] softop wont release

Anil M Seunath amseunath at atlanticlng.com
Mon Aug 28 13:25:56 EDT 2006

see if the hydraulic fluid is ok. Located in boot under spare tire.. under
the sombero (3 screws)
use only MB fluid.

             asim razvi
             <asimrazvi at yahoo.
             Sent by:                  r129list at mbcoupes.com
             r129list-bounces@                                          cc
             mbcoupes.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [R129 SL] softop wont release
             08/28/2006 01:21
             PM

             Please respond to
                asim razvi
             <asimrazvi at yahoo.
               com>; Please
                respond to
              SL Mailing List
             <r129list at mbcoupe
                  s.com>

I had my window motors both replaced after they torqued around and broke,
works great now but now when I try to drop the top it wont release at the
windshield.  I held the buttons down for five seconds to reset the windows
etc and then up (just in case) but no luck, disconnected and connected the
battery but still no luck.  Any advice on how to get this top down, its 75
degrees in California and my head is turning white.

thanks

Asim Razvi

94 SL320 90k Red
various other cars not worth mentioning