[R129 SL] ticking sl500

mrthor at att.net mrthor at att.net
Wed May 18 13:12:44 EDT 2005

It does not always make noise when cold. It comes and goes all the time. This morning I started up the car no noise. Drove it to a appointment about 1/2 an hours drive it was ticking. Then I drove it maybe 5 miles to work and no ticking when I parked it and put up the top???

The oil preausre is between 2 and 3. Around 2 at idle and 3 when driving.  I have put 1 small bottle of clean into the engine however I am not sure how much cleaner I should add before taking it to the next level? I was also told that I could use automatic transmition fluid to cean it???? But I have not done so.

Thanks

Thor

Chicago, IL

-------------- Original message from mid-co <mid-co at ix.netcom.com>: --------------