[R129 SL] Re: Oil Tubes.

mid-co mid-co at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 23 10:50:30 EST 2005

So what's up with the oil tubes on
SL-500's ??

My PAMPERED SL-500 with 70-K developed
a LOUD knock ...a flatbed  trip to the dealer to find that
the oil tubes needed replacing....aprox $800......now
6 -K miles later the same Knock is back.....the
car just left on the flatbed ....Damn...so much for
the "indistructable" MB....I've got a '85' Corvette
with 260-K that's never had the heads off and won't
burn 1/2 Quart of Mobil One in 4-K. ( the MB is on
Mobil -One as well , with changes at 4-5 K ).

The dealer tells me that the oil tubes have been
a "problem" in the SL-500 .  No Lie.....I was
fortunate to catch the noise at startup .The car
only ran a few seconds  the bad tube (s) .
I think if one of these tubes lets go on the
highway ....a complete top end rebuild
could be in order. (bring the BIG
check book).

Has anyone else had this issue ??