[R129 SL] RE: ABS

Jan Kuylaars jan at rian-bv.nl
Mon Mar 14 12:53:03 EST 2005

I have some times problems with my ABS,  At the end of the brake, the
ABS come in and there is no slipping off the wheels. After some time it
was there continue, I clean both the sensors on the front wheels, they
were very smooth with
Iron parts from the brake's , and that seems to be the reason. But after
some day's the same thing happens. Then suddenly it disappears. I drive
some weeks without trouble and then it is there. I look for the back
sensors, but they are located inside the cardanbox. So it is not done to
screw them out for cleaning, I must dissemble the whole drive system.
But on the other hand, the ASR works fine, that is the main working from
the back sensors, and when they are in the closed box from the cardan I
cannot believe they become dirty. so I suppose there are some bad
connector from the sensors to the ABS module. Had someone the same
complaint?

Then something else.
I have a Mazda 929 2.0 injection coupe from 1986 in American state. Last
two years I made the car brand-new and do all the necessary maintenance
. At least I asked the mechanic for repair the rusty parts at the end of
the wheel covers.
That were the only two places where there was rust.
Now he has done it with a gas flame and make it new, but he was to lazy
to pull out the back bench and interior.
I told him to pull out the interior before he gone to well. Now the
flame came into the interior and has melted the backrest off the
backseat and the hardtop cloth is gone in flame .
Now he is looking for three weeks in Europe to find the burned parts,
but I had silver Pullman ( like velvet) and the only thing he can get is
brown ordinary stuff.

Could you see in the states or Japan if it is possible to find the
original Mazda 929 backseat in light grey velvet?

Thanks
Jan Kuylaars Holland.