[R129 SL] (no subject)

seitle seitle at whidbey.com
Sun Mar 13 13:18:01 EST 2005

For some time, one of the reading lights on my 96 SL has been out. I
could not figure out how one replaces it. These things bother me.
Yesterday I stopped by my local dealer and asked. I was told that the
lens could just be pried out with a screwdriver and would come out
together with the bulb and socket. OK so I ask for a replacement. Turns
out to be a T-1 5W halogen bulb. So I ask for one. Price is $20.00!!!! I
don't know why, but bought it. Told the parts man that I must assume
that this is an AMG bulb. He laughed and said that he has to remember
that, but no discount. After successful replacement, I now wonder if I
should have just put in a standard T-1 bulb for $0.25. Probably a lot
dimmer but I would not feel like an idiot.

Rolf Seitle