[R129 SL] satellite radio in an older vehicle

Cliff Sadler csadler at focusomr.com
Tue Mar 1 08:43:20 EST 2005

I have a 1991 500SL and a Delphi Roady 2. I tried using the FM transmitter
built into the receiver, but this 2 piece radio is notorious for lousy FM
reception. Even when the transmitter is only 4 feet from the antenna.

1. Any advice on how to improve the radio reception of the Becker 2 piece
radio?
2. Any advice on how to directly connect the Roady 2's line level output to
this radio?  I am not adverse to pulling the head, and modifying it somehow
if possible.
Thank you,
Cliff
1991 500SL daily driver