[R129 SL] Stereo of Choice?

Charles Held charlesheld at alumni.unc.edu
Mon Jun 20 15:08:13 EDT 2005

Built in amp & speakers? Blech!

Here's my setup, installed about 4 years ago in a '92.

JVC KD-LX50 CD/AM/FM
Sony XM-754HX X-Plode amp
Pioneer TS-A6995 6x9 speakers

Yes, the speakers are installed in the "cargo compartment" covers.  I found
a set of covers on eBay but you could make 'em out of plywood and cover them
with MB carpet if you wanted.

The key to the head unit is getting one that replicates the stock feature
where volume auto-adjusts based on the car's speed.