[R129 SL] Convertible top

gregoiro at weststargroup.net gregorio at weststargroup.net
Thu Jun 16 01:41:07 EDT 2005

I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem, but in putting my convertible top up or down, it doesn't go through the whole sequence - stops 1/2 way - up or down.  I have to reverse the process and try it several times for it to go completely up or down.  I want to sound somewhat intelligent (hard to do with these cars) when I talk to my local MBZ mechanic.   Problem started all of sudden but had been working fine.

Would appreciate any input!  Thanks all!

Cheers,

Greg  Conte
1991 500 SL
West Hills, CA