[R129 SL] Wants and needs

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 5 12:02:32 EDT 2005

Hi all. My 1996 SL500 is needing some stuff.  I prefer to try to find my
parts from private parties rather than to just go out to my MB dealer and
pay "too much".
Both of my sun visors are missing the mirror covers and the mirror lights
are not working.  I may need to replace the entire visors but maybe there
are stray parts out there somewhere which could fix up my existing visors.
Car colors are imperial red exterior and beige interior.
The plastic surround above my inside rear view mirror (where the two inside
light switches are) is broken.  I do not know how that part comes loose.  If
I can get it loose without breaking it further I think I can repair the
break and restore it to useable condition.  The left inside light switch
above the inside mirror is broken.  Does anyone know where I can get a
replacement?  The MB dealer wants to sell me the entire surround unit with
both light switches etc. for about $800 US. says the light switch is not
available as a separate item.
I am also looking for a copy of an original dealers window invoice sticker
from 1996.  I sent a request to MB America and they sent a Monrony copy for
my vehicle which does not resemble the window sticker I am looking for.
Besides that it was almost unreadable.  If I could get a color copy from
someone I could use it to re-create the one for my car which I do not have.

Thanks to all, George