[R129 SL] Hard Top Hoist

Peter Cowie cowie at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 20 16:02:09 EST 2005

I bought a hard top hoist for my 1997 SL 500 from www.eztop.com/129.htm
about six months ago

The unit arrived promptly in Australia via UPS and was relatively simple
to install.

It is GREAT!!!

It takes about 5 minutes all up to position the car then remove or
replace the top safely...one - handed.

The unit is available with an electric lift not suitable for our voltage
here in Australia so I opted for the manual version.

You would not want to be winding the handle forever so the unit comes
with an adaptor for your cordless drill.... it couldn't be easier but
you need to ensure that you can operate the drill/winch with one hand
while locating the hard top with the other hand.

I highly recommend it.

Peter Cowie
Sydney, Australia