[R129 SL] New to the 129

MBKindOfGuy MBKindOfGuy at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 27 10:28:46 EST 2005

One further comment about this.  I sort of have to laugh at the remark about
these transmissions being "sealed."  All the Mercedes I've owned, I guess,
have all had sealed transmissions.  The only think my SL doesn't have is an
A/T dipstick, which I ordered yesterday.  As far as fluid replacement, there
are drain plugs on the tranny fluid pan and on the torque converter.  There
is an A/T fluid fill tube, and the cap and lock are replacement parts.  So
the "sealed" remark is kind of laughable.  These tranmssions are about as
sealed as their other cars in which they indeed recommend fluid changes at
regular intervals.

Regards,
Howard M. Ginsberg
1998 SL500, 51KMiles