[R129 SL] Re: R129LIST Digest, Vol 10, Issue 7

Lowanover at aol.com Lowanover at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 21:43:39 EDT 2005

Jan,
I've had an ADS problem with my SL600 that we talked about. Haven't  solved
it yet though. The cables and connections appear to be good with no  breaks.
One thing I am wondering about is a hydraulic "squealing" noise that I  hear
from time to time, like the hydraulic pressure is building up in some  component.
I did some research in my SL repair DVD and there is a discussion on  the ADS
lite coming on if there is a fault in the distribution valve at the  front of
the car. It also refers to the noise it makes. I've listened carefully  to it
and it does appear to be coming from that area in the engine compartment.  It
says that if the ADS lite comes on but there is no dtc stored in the computer
 that the distribution valve may be at fault...have you had any experience
with  this?
Dave