[R129 SL] RE: 2003 SL500

Jan Kuylaars jan at rian-bv.nl
Mon Aug 15 07:10:14 EDT 2005

For sure:
If you want to do the maintenance and repair by your self, it is better
to buy an older car with a 119 M motor,say till end of the 90's.
The problem with the latest cars is that they all have electronic
components which you cannot change with used spare parts.
The units must be exactly the same, and most of the time you only can
buy new by the dealer.
Heard:
Then it seems that there are more complaints about the younger cars.
For sure I know about the latest c220 models, but I have no experience
with 500 SL, but it is fore sure not good to loose the stabilisers and
got a damaged drive axle, and that happened, see the received mails on
the board.