[R129 SL] (r129) windscreen missing

Rob Vonderhaar r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:00:45 -0400

Bruce -
Sounds just like mine.  I'm told that you first adjust the glass (from
inside the door) with the hardtop in place.  Then the softtop is
adjusted until it's snug against the window.  Sounds easy, but I wish
you luck - I've had MB dealers attempt to adjust mine at least 4-5 times
since I bought the car, and the noise is still horrendous.

At one point, I had all the rubber seals replaced on the driver's side
in an attempt to improve things (was told that this was definitely the
problem), but I don't think it helped at all.

Good luck to you - and if you come up with some secret, I'd love to hear
about it!
   Rob Vonderhaar
   '95 SL500 - 67k mi. pampered miles