[SPAM] Re: [R129 SL] Car folks stuff...

gregoiro@weststargroup.net r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:39:13 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C467F4.1755DA00

Mike;

Thanks so much for the information!  I know it seems trivial with all =
the crap going on  the world, but being a real car nut, I stress over =
whether it is the smartest thing to put money into something with a lot =
of miles.  I know Mercedes are bullet-proof cars - escpecially the V-8s. =
I have a 400E in virtually show room condtion that has $120K miles on it =
- no leaks, no rattles, and it runs like a dream. And it has hardly =
needed any work done to it .  I did put a new tranny in at about 95K =
miles, but other than maintenance things it's been cheap to own. But I =
keep thinking maybe I should sell it while the mileage is still =
"reasonable".  =20

I bought my 500SL from a guy on E-bay who kind of misrepresented the =
conditon.  I paid $18K for it, and it needs about $3500- to bring it to =
top condition (paint, repair convertible top, wood refinishing, soem =
interior bits, etc). and I already put about $1200 into the engine. But =
it now it runs beautifully.    I've seen a few around town withlow miles =
(about 50K) for about the same money as I would have invested in mine =
when done.  Decisions, decisions. My wife says I spend too much time =
thinking about all this.  Jay Leno says that it should be a law that all =
guys have to lose money on their cars so as to take all the pressue off =
of us for doing so!

Anyway, great talking with you - your 600 sounds incredible and you =
really have some wonderful cars.   Keep in touch and thanks again.

Cheers,

Greg in West Hills, CA
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20