[R129 SL] Tires

Deneal Schilmeister (iMac) r129list@mbcoupes.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:41:26 -0500

On 4/27/04 19:30, "Bobby Ross" <bobross@cox.net> wrote:

> I have a 1995 SL 500 and just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (a=
ll
> season) from Tire Rack.  I purchased them because they are all season,
> scored highest on the ride comfort and noise comfort , but most of  all t=
he
> Treadweare rating is 400 instead of the other performance tires that carr=
y a
> 220. The handling is just as good as the high performance Pilot Sport.  A=
nd
> the price was about the same as the high performance sport.  Tread design=
 is
> not quite as classy, but acceptable

Did the Tire rack guy mention that the Pilot Sport A/S is NOT approved for
use on MBs?

I ask because the following message was posted by the Tire rack:

"On January 16, 2004 Mercedes Benz issues a Star Bulletin to all their
dealers as follows:
SUBJECT:   All Passenger Models
Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Tires

Please be advised that the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (all season) is not an
approved (nor certified) Mercedes-Benz tire for any Mercedes-Benz passenger
vehicle.  Use of the above mentioned tire can cause vehicle tracking issues
which MBUSA will not attempt to correct.  MBUSA will not perform warranty
wheel alignments on any subject vehicle which has any non-approved
wheel/tire packages installed.  For any questions as to approved wheel/tire
packages please refer to WIS and EPC. "

=20
Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2003