[R129 SL] 5 speed 300SL available?

Tom Reynolds r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:03:05 -0700

--=======30F1646D=======

Hello listers,
          Well, the house of our dreams is for sale, as Karen and I are
planning to move to OK in order to be with our soon to be divorced daughter
and her two children (boy 8, boy 3).  So, once the house sells (just
recently put on the market) I think what I'd like to do is consider the
purchase of a 5 speed 300SL and sell my current '88 300E.  Anyone here able
to give me a first hand opinion of the 5 speed version (or a good second
hand appraisal) or advise me on the best places to find such a beast in
order that I could hopefully make my own comparison?  The planned move,
btw, will be either to the Edmond or the Tulsa area, not sure yet.

Thanks a lot,
Tom Reynolds
Hereford, AZ
http://www.tomandkarenspage.com/5640gateway.html