[R129 SL] stumbles when it warms up UPDATE

Cliff Sadler r129list@mbcoupes.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:37:15 -0400

Well, gang, it looks like the culprit WAS the spark plug wires. Not sure
which one(s), and frankly I don't care.

This does present a new issue, though.  The original wires have crimped
screw on connectors on both ends. The replacements from speedycarparts.com
are a Beru set, but they are not necessarily for a 500SL. Therefore, I have
to find a way to disassemble the races for the wires so that I can put the
new ones in, and get the old ones out. I've looked through alldata, but
can't find much on the procedure for getting to all the plastic races.

Anyone with experience in taking this all apart, and replacing wires?

Looks like an all day job unless there's a secret.