[R129 SL] Hardtop Maintenance

Deneal Schilmeister (iMac) r129list@mbcoupes.com
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:26:05 -0600

I just put my hardtop on for the winter, and noticed the headliner is loose
in a couple places.

One place is at the rear edge of the headliner at the top of the middle of
the rear window.

The other is on the underside of the left rear quarterwindow, where the
headliner is held on with screws around the underside of the hardtop.

I believe the first place can just be glued down.  With the second problem
area, however, there appears to be not enough vinyl to reach under the
gasket.

If anyone has experienced similar problems, I'd appreciate know what method=
you used to make the repairs.

Thanks,

=20
Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2003
1979 450SEL     1991 - 2000      (66k to 187k) Sold Canadian!
1987 300TD      1998 - 2003   (186k to 273.5k) Sold Canadian!
1995 SL320       2003 =AD current  (  94k to 101k....
http://homepage.mac.com/deneals/iMovieTheater41.html
http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/deneal.htm>
http://homepage.mac.com/deneals