[R129 SL] Non SL but an oil (Mobil 1) related question

Steve Sims r129list@mbcoupes.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:41:57 -0400

Gee, Tom...  Having nothing but my prejudice to rely on, I'd recommend
Mobil-1 15W50 for all of them, year round.

That's what I use everything in own, right down to the lawn tractor.  And
while it doesn't get quite as warm in Richmond and it does in Hereford, it
does get quite a bit colder, and the 15W50 is still fine.

I don't have any way to "de-mystify" the question, beyond telling you what I
do, and what works for me.

...sjs...
Richmond, VA
'97 SL500
&c.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Reynolds

So, if any kind soul out there wants to de-mystify what Mobil 1 oils I
should use in the following (short) list of cars, please feel free to do so
and accept my undying gratitude and thanks.

1988 Mercedes-Benz 300E 3.0 liter SOHC
1990 Acura Integra GS hatchback 1.8 liter DOHC
1978 Ferrari 308gt4 3.0 liter quad cam