[R129 SL] Top Hydraulic leak

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:15:37 -0500

Usually the hydraulic pistons that push the top cover up are to
blame first...remove the carpet in the back of the trunk (in front)....on
the right and left are pistons visible....they run about $135
(discounted) each and you can do it yourself, if so inclined....check
them on the top where the pin going into the piston is....try the
mechanism up and down, if the sides of the piston are wet...well,
that's them....
-patrick greene
www.patrickgreene.net