[R129 SL] Help with late 1-2 upshifts

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:48:21 EDT

--part1_165.228cc8c7.2c3f8d85_boundary

My 91 300SL which I just got yesterday has a problem with late 1-2 upshifts.
If I accelerate normally the up shift is very late and won't happen in any
case until about 4000 rpm.  Other shifts are pretty normal.

As with some Mercedes I suspected the transmission pressure cable was too
tight and a slight adjustment would fix it.  WRONG !!  Did that today with no
change other than to make the other shifts too early !!!!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike in Morgantown, PA

91 300 SL 148k miles
92 500 SEL 47k miles
87 560 SEL
86 560 SEC (for sale)
62 Thunderbird
67 Truimph TR4A

--part1_165.228cc8c7.2c3f8d85_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">My 91 300SL which I just got yesterday has a problem w=
ith late 1-2 upshifts.&nbsp; If I accelerate normally the up shift is very l=
ate and won't happen in any case until about 4000 rpm.&nbsp; Other shifts ar=
e pretty normal.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
As with some Mercedes I suspected the transmission pressure cable was too ti=
ght and a slight adjustment would fix it.&nbsp; WRONG !!&nbsp; Did that toda=
y with no change other than to make the other shifts too early !!!!<BR>
<BR>
Any ideas would be appreciated.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Mike in Morgantown, PA<BR>
<BR>
91 300 SL 148k miles<BR>
92 500 SEL 47k miles<BR>
87 560 SEL<BR>
86 560 SEC (for sale)<BR>
62 Thunderbird<BR>
67 Truimph TR4A</FONT></HTML>

--part1_165.228cc8c7.2c3f8d85_boundary--