[R129 SL] SL with Bose System

John Collins r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 07:00:38 -0700

At 8:12 AM -0500 7/8/03, Deneal Schilmeister (Portege) wrote:
>I'm still getting myself adjusted to driving these cars.  After two weeks of
>owning my 1995 SL320, I put my left knee through the plastic speaker grill
>in the door.
>
>Has anyone attempted this fix on their own?  Is it relatively easy?

I did the same exact thing right after I bought my 95.  I had the dealer do it, but since then I bought a 99 and was able to remove the door panel myself.  I couldn't begin to tell you how to go about it in an email, but if you do your own work, you should be able to find all the fasteners.

>Are there any DIY resources for this car available?  I have a book called
>Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Procedures 1982-1991 that was published by MBNA.
>This book covers the early 129s, but it only covers rudimentary items, like
>how to service the oil and transmission levels.

No books available. I've looked high and low. But here's an online subscription tech service:
http://www.alldatadiy.com/
I haven't tried it, but others have reported that it's pretty good.  24.95/yr for a specific vehicle.

MB even has one, but it's way too pricey for the average person: http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/
They do allow a one day membership that may be worthwhile for a big project.  I wonder how many pages one could print in a day?
--

John Collins
Irvine, CA