[R129 SL] R129 automatic roll bar?

Satish Tummala r129list@mbcoupes.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:21:34 -0500

There's a switch on the center console, below the radio, to the right of
the hazard switch, etc., for raising or lowering the roll bar manually.

Satish

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]
On Behalf Of Tom Reynolds
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 1:00 AM
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Subject: [R129 SL] R129 automatic roll bar?

Hi group,
        Sorry for the newbie questions, but I have one about the
automatic roll bar.  On my gallery page (which can be reached by going
to http://cars.desertworld.com and then clicking on the "Gallery" link)
I have a photo of a 1990 500SL with the (I think) automatic roll bar in
the up position.  Granted, I haven't seen a lot of SLs, but the one I
did see a month or so ago didn't have the roll bar showing (yeah, the
top was down) and so I'm wondering how does one activate the "automatic"
roll bar?  Is it supposed to fold back down when the car is stationary
(or below a certain
speed) or is it up to the occupants of the car?
        By the way, all of you are invited to place free "cars for sale"
or "cars wanted" ads on my page.  Just email me for details, I'd be very
happy to do it for you. Best regards, Tom Reynolds Hereford, AZ
http://cars.desertworld.com

P.S.  A big thanks to Norm and Pat Waleke for providing me to the link
for their pictures AND descriptions of the rear deck area behind the
seats of their R129 AND providing measurements of that area and the
trunk as well!