[R129 SL] SL differences

Elmer Catalan r129list@mbcoupes.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:08:18 -0700 (PDT)

Satish,

That's good to know for future plans because I'm
planning to hold on to my 2 SEC's for a long time,
especially in Southern Cal where rust is not a problem
for cars.

When I bought the '83 500SEC-Euro (black on palomino,
AMG body style) 3 months ago, the engine was very
sluggish but the upside was that it had a 3.27 Rear
Differential.  So, there's a potential in the future
to make it a decent car.

Your 3.07 is probably a very good balance between
power and top speed.

Elmer Catalan