[R129 SL] SL differences

Satish Tummala r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:48:50 -0400

The interesting comparison would be between the '92 CIS-based engine and
the '93 LH-based engine.  Also, the '96 Motronic motor with the 5-speed
electronic transmission would change the nature of the car as well.

Problem with these cars is the lazy 2.65 rear end that they came with.
A 3.07 would be much better suited.  That's what I have in my SEC with
the 119 engine in it.  Runs much nicer.

Satish

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]
On Behalf Of Elmer Catalan
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 7:09 PM
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Subject: Re: [R129 SL] welcome Elmer

Satish,
Yes, sounds like a good idea.  And I'm sure the
Southern Cal SEC'rs would be honored to have a get
together even for just a few hours.  I don't have an
SL, but maybe in the future my second SEC ('83
500SEC-Euro) that dynoed at only 162 hp, could use an
SL engine.  It would also be nice to know how
enthusiastic the SL group would be compared to the
SEC'rs.  And as always, great job on your website.
Elmer Catalan
Laguna Hills, CA