[largeformat] pinhole photography

Les Newcomer LNPhoto at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jun 19 19:39:39 EDT 2006

about the only thing new to LF in this house is last month for the
school science fair, did pin hole photography.  While I found a great
sight that showed how to use the proverbial Quaker Oats box, with a
little suggestion, we upgraded to a Postal Service Priority box and a
spare Graflok back. This way we I mean she could take more than one
shot without heading to the darkroom.

this was also a great excuse to clean out the darkroom and get the
cobwebs off the  8x10 Arkay processing sink that's been neglected for
far too long.  I was concerned that the sink would be too complicated
for her to handle (loading 4 up 4x5 hangers takes some getting used to)
  but she opted for the sink over trays, and once she realized the
machine farts, she's been asking to process my film!

The school, more specifically her 4th grade teacher, conspired,
cajoled, and begged to get a garden in the center of the U shaped
school.  Since I didn't participate in the digging and planting I came
out with my 8x10 for the official ribbon cutting ceremony.   I'll try
to scan the neg in a couple days.