[LargeFormat] HP Combi Plan

Frank Filippone red735i at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 30 11:55:32 EST 2005

Yes, manually.... I spin it in a bath of water, using a spin rate of maybe
30 RPM... by hand.  It works just fine.  I do swap the tank end for end (
reverse direction) every minute.....   it would even out any
inconsistencies.....  Use the capacities as specified by JOBO for use in
their motorized equipment.

Filing and unfilling are a bit challenging... I finally figured out that you
can dump the tank by just inverting.. but filling fast requires a different
approach.. I tilt the tank ( uneven table surface) about 15 degrees, then UI
just pour in the chemistry as fast as I can... If you do not tilt, a "seal"
forms and the tank burps back as the liquid will not pass the seal.  It goes
much faster my way....

For dumping the tank... do NOT do this too fast.... The film has a tendency
to move in its tanklets... And you raise the risk of some film covering
other film.  SO do the inversion ( for dumping) very gently.

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

 Jobo), or is their expert tank usable manually??