[LargeFormat] road trip

Les Newcomer LNPhoto at twmi.rr.com
Fri Jul 22 08:55:12 EDT 2005

One option is to drive south from Oregon through the redwoods to
Yosemite, then west until I pick up the Lincoln Hwy/ Route 30.

I'd like to try my skills at shooting Half Dome.

Yeah it's been done before, and by better people than me, but still I'd
like to try.

But things have certainly changed since Ansel hung around there.

How difficult would it be to get to the approximate place Ansel stood?

Is it now:
A. Marked with a neon sign, and huge blacktop parking lot so anybody
with a 40ft land yacht can shoot the scene as he drives by?

Or

B. That area is now off limits unless you get a permit, which you
needed to apply for 6 months in advance.?

les