[LargeFormat] C-Claron 190mm f4.5 - Paperweight?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 12 08:28:01 2004

I have just cleaned out the corner of the darkroom and found a C-Claron
190mm f4.5 lens.  This is a bit of a monster and is rather strange in that
it has no mounting flange or iris. The from the curvature of the elements
it seems as though it could cover 8x10 and a quick test pointed towards a
window seems to confirm that.

Right, so no iris, no mounting flange, barrel measures about 3 1/4"
diameter and is about 3" long, beautiful coated glass and a lot of
potential - or is it a paperweight?  Did I mention it is heavy :-)
Suggestions please.