[LargeFormat] Kudos for Grimes, Inc

Jeff Howe largeformat@f32.net
Fri Mar 19 09:48:05 2004

Hi Group,
I hate to have to delurk but I just got my Ilex # 5 shutter back from SK Grimes,
Inc., and I'm very pleased with their service.  The speed setting ring moves as
smoothly as silk, the shutter fires when I press down on the cable release,
every time (instead of on the upstroke) and it works with any cable release in
the house.  And, despite a caution that they were busy and this could take a
while, it was only gone three weeks.  And they only charged me for a CLA.

Those of you with one of these old beasts might find your time better spent
shipping the thing to Woonsocket instead of adding to your collection of long
throw cable releases.

Happiness reigns again here in the still frozen north.
J Howe