[LargeFormat] Bellows Repair

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 6 21:32:19 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Bellows Repair

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2969297697&indexURL=3#ebayphotohosting

>      The camera can still be focused without the rack and
pinion, but I'll try
> to get it fixed.
> The seller mentioned Fred Lustig.
>
>        It's a little rough, but not too bad and it didn't
cost a lot.  There
> was one film/plate?
> holder with the camera as well as the groundglass back.
The problem is with
> the
> film holder.  The film holder is about a half inch larger
than a standard 5x7
> holder
> and has large grooves along the sides.  Plus, on the
inside, there's this
> metal strip
> in the center.  Could this be a plate holder?  It's not
for film, I think.  My
> standard
> 5x7 holders will not work without modification to the
camera.

>        So the first big hurdle is to get the correct FILM
holders for this
> camera.  I
> need some help here.  What to look for?
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> Rich Lahrson
> Berkeley, California
> tripspud@transbay.net
>
>     I am not sure what the story is with the 5x7 Press
Graflex. It has a spring back like a Graphic but may not
take standard holders. The holder you have with the grooves
in the sides sounds like a Graflex holder. The metal strip
is probaby a spring and makes it a plate holder. There were
film adaptors available for plate holders but they are as
rare as Graflex film holders, probably rarer. However, they
can be made fairly easily.  When I get home tomorrow morning
I will post the address of Alan Broadbent who specializes in
repairing and making film holders. he may have more
information or even holders.

> Richard Knoppow
> dickburk@ix.netcom.com
> Los Angeles, CA, USA

   I don't know how I mixed the names. Alan Broadbent is a
very good jazz pianist. The fellow I meant is:

Alan Brubaker

awbent@filmholders.com

AWB Enterprises
33320 Gafford Road