[LargeFormat] Re: computer Trojan

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 4 05:46:01 2004

Recently my email was interfered with, my mail redirected to an AOL address
having the same name as my eBay account which was suspended at the same
time. EBay never answer my requests for an explanation.  (I haven't used
eBay since but am trying to run my life without regular doses of it.)
I asked my cousin, who is a computer programmer, how this could happen,
given I have Norton and a firewall installed and he said my laptop had a
Trojan, which he spent half an hour finding and fixing. He said he found
only a few things wrong. He also said not to leave passwords on the computer
but how I don't know.
He then installed a trial version of www.BulletProofSoft.com spyware-adware
remover. I run this daily after accessing the internet and it invariably
finds a few things to erase.  Whether this has any bearing on future Trojans
is to be seen.
I mention these matters in case other members of this list should have had
such problems
Philip