[LargeFormat] Linhof Technikardan

Michael Briggs largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 3 13:50:06 2004

On 03-Jan-2004 Clive Warren wrote:
> Huib,
>
> A very impressive piece of kit. I nipped over to the Linhof web site and
> had a quick read. 340mm extension is also very useful - how rigid is the
> camera at full extension?

As Huib already emailed, the 4x5 TKS has more extension than this.  I use a 450
mm Fuji-C non-telephoto lens on mine and can focus reasonably close.  The
rigidity is very good with this lens -- definitely better than the Canham DLC.
I think you will find better ridigity only in a not-very portable monorail.

I have used several 4x5 field cameras and have settled on the Technikardan 45S
-- it has the capabilities that I want and has never let me down. The only
caveat for some photographers is that it is heavier than some field cameras --
few would want to take it on multi-day hiking trips.

--Micahel