[LargeFormat] Linhof Technikardan

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 3 12:40:06 2004

At 06:23 PM 1/3/2004 +0100, Huib Smeets wrote:

>I rather start to sound like a Linhof Salesrep :-) but I'm not, before
>buying the Linhof I seriously opted for the Canham DLC.

I've been using LF since 1959. I've owned and used everything out there.
About five years ago I got tired of the limitations of my Master Technika
and looked over everything available as a field camera. Including all
models of the Canham.

I sold my Technika and bought a Technikardan 45s and have never looked
back. It is the best LF camera I have ever owned and, as I said, I've
owned/used many. Graphic View, Deardorf, Sinar, Wista, Arca, etc...

Hands down, the Technikardan is the winner. I have the following lenses:

55, 75, 120, 180, 270, 360, 500, & 720. They all work perfectly on my
Technikardan.

Another cool thing... each and every one of these lenses has a 67mm filter
thread. I did this on purpose. I obviously carry but one set of filters. It
sure makes things easy.

A friend of mine was looking for a 2x3 LF camera. He bought a Horseman. He
then looked at my Technikardan 45s and immediately sold the Horseman and
bought a Technikardan 23 and is happy as a clam.

Sorry if I sound like a linhof salesman... I'm not, I'm just so extremely
happy with my Technikardan 45s.

:-)

Jim