[LargeFormat] Twas The Night Before ......

Alan Davenport largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 24 16:30:09 2003

At 01:04 AM 12/24/2003, you wrote:
>I have made such adapters for a Century Graphic using a lenshood and plywood
>to fit a longer lens than nature intended.  The weight of the shutter/lens
>extended beyond the front standard exerts a turning moment which you need to
>be aware of.

This sounds like a perfect application for something along the lines of
Manfrotto's "LONG LENS CAMERA SUPPORT /  Cat. No: 3252."  Just add a
1/4" threaded socket to the bottom of your lens extender, the 3252
has a small ballhead at one end and the other clamps to a tripod leg.