[LargeFormat] It's only a matter of time before another photo opportunity is gone forever...

stuart phillips largeformat@f32.net
Thu Dec 18 16:07:44 2003

I think that the term "dwarf" should be replaced by the phrase "miniature
format person". That would allow us to describe Europeans as "medium format
persons" and Americans as "large format persons". The denizens of my local
mall (on my very sporadic visits there) could be termed "ultra large
persons".

While we are entering into the silly season, does anyone remember the name
of the repair-person who is retrofitting Holgas with 4x5 backs?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wilkes, Don MSER:EX" <Don.Wilkes@gems9.gov.bc.ca>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:58 AM
Subject: RE: [LargeFormat] It's only a matter of time before another photo
opportunity is gone forever...

> I guess it's only a matter of time before this respected and ancient
> sport is banned most everywhere.  Luckily, my province has not yet
> eliminated my next challenge as a LF shooter.

It raises disturbing questions of potential legalities regarding the tossing
of dwarves in border regions, I should think.  What would happen if a mighty
tosser (let's not go there) manages to fling a smallish dwarf across the
Ottawa River, from Quebéc to Ontario?

The Dwarf -- A Federal or Provincial Responsibility?  Perhaps this should be
the subject of this Sunday's "Cross-Canada Checkup" phone-in show on CBC
radio.  I would dearly love to hear host Rex Murphy's musings on the matter.

\donw in Victoria (which is oddly lacking in dwarves)