[LargeFormat] Re: 5x7, was Re: rainbows, was R O Y G B I V

Ole Tjugen largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 12 13:16:21 2003

>===== Original Message From "philip lambert" <philip.lambert@ntlworld.com>
=====
<snip>

>This discussion group is a valuable resource. A friend of mine has now taken
>up 5x7 - there can't be a lot like him in the UK although there was one in
>Norway!
>Is it true that half plate, 5x7 and its metric near equivalent have
>darkslides with the same outside dimensions just different internals?   I
>nearly bought a halfplate piece of furniture but was deterred by no
>darkslides included.
>Philip
>Philip

As the Norwegian with the 5x7" camera, I believe this question is for me? ;)

The holders for 13x18cm, 5x7" and half-plate (in decreasing film size) are the
same size. I have hoders for all three sizes, and they fit in the same camera.
Last time I was out using it, I had both 5x7" and 13x18 loaded in an attempt
to get rid of some old film. This is not saying that there may not be half
plate holders which will NOT fit, of course...

Incidentally, last time I was out with my 4x5" camera I had both 4x5" and
9x12cm film holders loaded. I didn't on that occasion bring my 9x12cm plate
camera, which will not take modern film holders...

Ole Tjugen