[LargeFormat] fresnel screen orientation

David Swinnard largeformat@f32.net
Thu Nov 6 13:58:57 2003

--->
Sinar had theirs on the human side of the GG so it could be removed, and
scratched, and broken and replaced at an extreme cost.  I suspect that
Sinar had their rings toward the GG. <---

Yup, Sinar fresnel is "outside" but with rings against the glass.  Yup,
it scratches, a bit, but mine dates from the mid -70s and is still
perfectly usable.  The advantage of having it outside is that it's easy
to remove when necessary.  I've found, over the years, that removing it
made focusing in some unusual circumstances. The Sinar fresnel pops on
and off very simply.

Dave

Les