[LargeFormat] Jiggle Joggle Junk

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 20 18:51:30 2003

Dear Nephew Jimmy,

     Uncle Dick can indeed upset people by jiggling his apparatus at them.
The tripod is home made, and cheap, and terribly authentic looking. Just
don't look too heavy on it. The World's Rattiest Nagaoka also do not bear
much handling whilst in operation - things that are meant to stay still move
and things that are meant to move stay still. Aging showgirls on Las Vegas
will recognise the situation.

    The real trick to success is to prop up the subject and reduce them to
immobility with threats. In the case of indoor exposures on Tit X film this
terror must last at least 10 seconds at f.16. It is a finely judged thing -
you must not frighten them so much that they quiver. I find the best effect
is obtained with a small cage full of rats.

    A new terror for the user of old book-style plate holders. I use them
with the Mighty Shen Hao by adapting the palte space with a piece of
Crescent mounting board. Old trick. The problem with the larger sheets is
attaching the film to the card. Recently I have had a number of exposed
sheet peel off the card when the darkside was re-inserted. They fall inside
the bellows,and are removed with care and cursing. I need a stronger
attachment tape.

     Uncle Dick

DON'T MOVE, DAMMIT!!!