[LargeFormat] Emergence of the Wray Optical Grafmatic in England

LNphoto largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 15 16:52:11 2003

In my research for (nearly) all things Graflex,  I've come across the
Wray licensed Grafmatic.

My question to the group (and Barbara Lowry?) is; "When were these
made?"

The George Eastman House doesn't not have any records.

Tim Holden, Graflex historian, suggested the middle 60s as Graflex was
swimming in a pool of red ink, they might have seen an opportunity for
some capital income without a lot of capital outlay.

The label design is similar to that of the Grafmatics made before
General Prescision bought the company,  and it is of the improved
design--when the counter is at X the holder locks up, not just the
darkslide.

I was hoping somebody might have a connection to ex-Wray employees that
could shine some light on it.

Les